I want to retire early. Maybe at 55. But I know I'd be bored quick, so I'd fire up a freelance business, doing three things: cartography, graphic design (like for fliers and musicians), and music (solo, bass in bands, etc). The flier above, which I designed for our upcoming album release party at Icehouse on 11/5, is what got me thinking about this.
And I'd have one rule: No AI.
If I could make just a few hundred bucks a month, I bet that would be enough to pull that off. I pretty much would just need to supplement my savings until I could get full pension and SS bennies. Maybe that's a pipe dream.
Anyone with thoughts, you know how to find me.
P.S. a related post I had on Mastodon:
Putting this out into the fedi in the hopes I don't forget about it in the long run: mnemonic device maps.
You know how when you're learning geography and the task is memorizing nations, capitals, etc on a map? With dozens to remember, mnemonic devices are handy. As a cartographer, one day I'd like to make some maps that a) illustrate such devices and b) enable the user to make up their own.
This is something I'd love to do as a freelancer.
No comments:
Post a Comment